Thursday, March 13, 2008

MOB Racing Update

I wanted to update the team on a few items.

Team Kit Order -I got an e-mail from the Louis Garneau rep, and our kits are scheduled to ship by the end of next week! WooHoo! Now I just hope that everything comes as ordered, and hope that everything fits. Either way we we'll work it out. There has been enough interest in the kits, and the minimums are low enough (12 shorts or 12 jerseys), that we will be placing another order in the near future.

New Members -Please welcome Andrew Carney and Paul Jacobson to the MOB Racing family. Andrew races on the national 24 hour and endurance circuit, and will give the MOB some national exposure. Paul is also one of those guys that just doesn't know when you quit riding his bike. He is a veteran of races like Trans-Iowa and Dirty Kanza.

Wool Jerseys -We got a little bad news on the wool jersey order. Apparently they are a small operation, and their allotment of jerseys sells out in a hurry. They were already out of the XL and XXL jerseys when I went to place the order. Without those jerseys, our order size was small enough that the jerseys were much more expensive. The guy told me that he'll get more in stock in the fall. Some time this summer I check on interest, and try to place an order in time for Cyclocross season.

Wool Cycling Socks -I've about worn out all of my Pedro's wool cycling socks. I like them so much that I was going to go out and buy some more when I thought, "Why not order some with the MOB logo on them?" I'll be doing that soon. I'll let you know when I get them, and how much they are. I'm not going to take pre-orders, I'll just sell them when I get them. If it means I end up with 35 pair of MOB Racing wool socks in my sock drawer, so be it.

Licenses -
Have you renewed your USA Cycling license yet? You still have plenty of time to get it renewed before the first race. It is easy and quick to do through the USA Cycling web site. In the renewal process select MBWC as the club name, and then selection MOB Racing (it will be the only team listed) as the team name. If you have any trouble, let me know.


Go ride your bike. The first mountain bike race is in less than 5 weeks, and the first road race is sooner than that.

No comments: