Sunday, December 2, 2007

MOB Racing update

Yes, MOB Racing is still alive. Here are a few updates.

Clothing Order -
We're ready to send the team kit proposal to Louis Garneau for a quote. As soon as I get that back from them I'll pass it along to the team and then we get serious about getting our kit order together for 2008. If you haven't already done so, be thinking about what you want, because this will probably be your only chance to order MOB kits in 2008.

Rob's Clothing -
Rob Versteegh some great ideas to compliment the team kit. He is looking at custom cycling hats and custom old school wool jerseys. More will be coming from him when we are ready to order.

License renewal for 2008 -
You can now renew your USA Cycling and NORBA licenses for for 2008. MOB Racing is a USA Cycling team under MBWC. That means that you can affiliate with MOB Racing when renewing you license. To do that select MBWC as the club, and MOB Racing as the team. If you have any questions about that, let me know.

Races for 2008 -
Mob Racing will be putting on a Cyclocross race on October 5th, 2008. Mark your calendars, because we need all of the help we can get. The race will be in Webster City and will use the same venue as the 'cross race in 2006. There is a possibility of a MOB Racing mountain bike race. Details will be forthcoming.

Team Party - There has been some talk of having a winter training ride/team party in late January/early February. I'm thinking my place cause its smack in the middle of everyone, and it sits on some sweet gravel. It will probably consist of a Saturday afternoon ride, with dinner and adult beverages in the evening. If there are any weekends that DO NOT work for you, let me know.

Helmet Order -
I've fallen on my current helmet about three times now and I'm pressing my luck. Its time for a new one. I'm probably going to get another Bell Sweep R in team CSC colors (black and red). Anybody else need one? Let put an order togehter. With the way I've been falling, I probably ought to get two or three.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of this. Have a good winter and stay warm.

No comments: